I How is your prayer life?
Is prayer your first response
for all thoughts and encounters in life?
If not why not?
Why We Pray
- Is prayer your first response for all thoughts and encounters in your life?
- Have you ever thought through why you do not spend more time with God?
- What aspects of your time and commitment hold you back from prayer?
Most of us do not have the kind of prayer life we should have; in my experience, most people give up because either
- they do not know how to pray
- they do not understand the significance of prayer.
Others may have prayer lives but they are not godly people or effectual prayers
These tend to be the prayers with only the self-interests or personal agendas in mind...
How Do I Pray
- What if I have never been taught how to personally pray or to talk to God?
- What if I grew up in a church that never had conversational or personal prayer?
- What if I only know liturgy?
- What if I offend God?
If you think that you do not know how to pray, you need to ask yourself.
Do I know how to talk and listen?
If you know how to talk to another person, then you know how to pray!
Prayer is basically our communication with God who wants the best for us and to hear from us!
Do I feel Connected To God?
To pursue a more vibrant prayer life, we have to be willing and able to saturate ourselves with it and in it!
Also, we need a desire to move our prayer life from the occasional extracurricular activity to a passionate pursuit, and carry out prayer
with His Spirit and Truth!
This means prayer must become more than just a thing we do; rather, it becomes an attitude and a constant pursuit. We want to grow beyond our regular little prayer times.